Contradictory title I know but you need to start with the basics and make them the best they can be before you move on to adding embellishments. I know it’s nearly July and should be the middle of summer but it’s finally stopped raining after pouring down all day and after days like that all I want is a hot chocolate.
For the ultimate basic hot chocolate you will need is a mug, semi skimmed milk, 2 teaspoons of sugar and three spoonfuls of drinking chocolate.
Now how to make your hot chocolate:
- Fill your mug around 2 thirds full of semi-skimmed milk. I use goats milk because I am sensitive to cows milk but you are welcome to use whatever milk product you like.
- Next add the mug to the microwave and heat for around 1 minute (for a 800 watt microwave, vary your heating time in line with the wattage of your microwave.)
- Add two spoonfuls of granulated sugar and 3 heaped teaspoons of Cadbury’s drinking chocolate to your mug.
- Stir in your mixture with a teaspoon until everything has dissolved from the top of the mug
- Once all the powder has dissolved, to be ultra high maintenance use a milk frother to make sure that everything has been mixed in properly and froths the milk up nicely.
- You’re done! Enjoy your drink!
I like to enjoy this drink with a cozy blanket and a good book.
Sidenote | Have you read the Ravenels series by Lisa Kleypas? Oh my goodness you need to!