Its a couple of days late (sorry) but I have finally gotten around to taking the pictures for my October Empties. I’ve had the text written for nearly 2 weeks but every time I remembered to take the pictures it would be dark or rainy outside. Anyway, I’ve done it now so here are my October empties split into categories; products I wouldn’t repurchase, products I might repurchase and products that I will definitely repurchase.
Would Not Repurchase
- Good Things Manuka Honey Creamy Cleanser – This has now been discontinued which is a bit of a shame but I wouldn’t repurchase this cleanser again because a) I’ve gone through 3 or 4 bottles (I still have an open one in my collection) and I’m ready to try something new and b) it had a tendency to make my skin very sensitive and sore and it sometimes felt like sandpaper after using this cleanser.
- Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Cleansing Oil – This smelt so strongly of cooking oil that although it did a great job of taking my makeup off as a first cleanse, it smelt so strongly of cooking oil that it put me off using it every time. I have such a step-orientated skincare routine because I enjoy it and I want to enjoy each and every product in my skincare routine and this didn’t allow me to do that. What I will say is that this is a great budget oil cleanser if you are looking to try oil cleansing and aren’t sure whether you are going to like it.
- Vitamin E Hydrating Mist – This had a very strong spray to it – like aiming a shower at your face which I found slightly unpleasant and uncomfortable to use. I am also going off the smell of this product after talking about it on instagram a while ago. I already have a spare of this in my collection which I will use up but once that is empty I don’t think I will be buying another one.
- Dirty Works Buttery Salt Scrub – I use this to help get rid of the dry and hard skin on my arms and legs. I like the product a lot but I don’t like the fact that the product is in a pot – I found that trying to get it out of the pot would ruin my mani or get under my nails. In future, I think I’ll go for scrubs in a tube in future.
- Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads – I like these because they are so easy to use; the pads are pre-soaked and ready to use. For that reason I really enjoyed using them but I have recently added some liquid exfoliators to my collection that I am looking forward to trying and would be much easier to travel with because they are much smaller. I did quite like the scent of these products and how well they exfoliated my skin.
May Not Repurchase
- Vaseline Spray & Go Aloe Fresh – I quite like how convenient this moisturiser is but I don’t feel like this is enough for the super dry skin on my arms and legs. Its great for a single use but I don’t think I could use this in the long run. I am currently on the hunt for a great body moisturiser that I can use and enjoy daily.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gelee Milk Cleanser – I quite like this as a morning cleanser when my skin is behaving but I sometimes find it quite drying and irritating to my skin. At present, I have another bottle of this in my collection and I will be trying it out again soon (once my skin is behaving) and see what I think. I am coming to realise more about my skin – I crave hydrating and soothing products for both morning and evening routines that do not clog my skin.
- L’Oreal Extraordinary Oil Facial Cleansing Oil – I quite liked this when I used to remove my makeup but I am aware that if I use this oil then I need to double cleanse to get the film that this product leaves on my skin off so that it doesn’t break me out. I have to comment on the packaging here because I really like it! Why other drugstore brands that sell cleansing oils can’t add pumps to their products annoys me so much.
- Waitrose Pure Hydration Eye Cream – I love the pump on this eye cream and I think that was probably why I loved it so much. The downside to that was the fact that it ran out and I had absolutely no idea that it was running out. I liked the formula but I’ve tried a few other eye creams lately that I really enjoyed so maybe I will do a post on those as well.
- Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser – I may or may not repurchase this cleanser, I am as yet undecided. It is a great basic cleanser but I much prefer the Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser.
Staples / Would Definitely Repurchase
- Simply Pure Hydrating Serum – I’m down to my last tube of this and I will picking up at least 2 when I’m next in town so that I never run out. I have multiple other serums in my collection but I feel that they don’t work as well for me as this. If you haven’t tried it then you definitely need to!
- Botanics Hot Cloth Cleanser – I love this stuff. I wasn’t expecting to when I picked it up back in July. I tried this cleanser for the first a couple of years ago and I just didn’t get it so I used it all up, threw it in the bin and never thought about it again until I noticed that Botanics had rebranded back in July. So of course I needed to pick up a new one and try it again and I’m so glad that I did.
- Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser – I actually have no idea how many of these cleansers I have gone through. That is no exaggeration. I will never be without this cleanser. This is the cleanser that I turn to as soon as my skin flares up. It is the best and I dare you to find something better.
- L’Oreal Pure Clay Detox Face Mask – I literally used this all up and I love it a lot. I find that it is my favourite mask because it does it all. It helps to reduce my pores, clarify my skin and draw any imperfections up to the surface so that I can get rid of them. I repurchased this as soon as I ran out because I love it so much. I can’t wait to use it again soon.