I’ve had a really lovely week this week, I caught up with a friend on Tuesday evening before she goes back to uni and I’ve set up a new instagram account (@elliewilsonbeauty) for sharing all my makeup looks and random beauty loves that I’ve stumbled upon. However, because I’ve prioritised all that I still have quite a bit of clearing up and tidying to do which I plan to do this Saturday. Here’s to the bank holiday, what’s everyone got planned?
GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
Having taken it easy this week I’m really happy that I’ve managed to tick off most, if not all of these goals. I’m still trying to sort out my capsule closet because I can’t make a decision and need someone to help me make up my mind.
- Finish my capsule closet. This week I want to put the final touches together for my capsule closet. I have so many clothes that I don’t wear because for whatever reason I don’t feel comfortable wearing them that I may as well donate them to someone who will love them and find myself some new pieces that I know I will love – I still need to finish this off but I’m so so so close!
- Finalise my workwear wardrobe. I have almost done this, I just need some shoes and tops/shirts. Which would be really easy to shop for if I knew exactly what I wanted instead of just guessing as I am now – This is going pretty well, I’ve ordered some nice work trousers however they won’t be arrived until Monday so wish me luck that they fit and look okay.
- Take it easy. I have been so tired ever since I got back from Spain that I just need to take it easy on myself and just take some evenings to just relax instead of putting even more pressure on myself – I have definitely managed this one and it feels amazing.
THE LOW DOWN
This week I finished Pretty Iconic by Sali Hughes. I wasn’t prepared to finish it and I’m now not sure what to do with my life. Other books I’ve read this week include the Dashing Widows series by Anna Campbell. If you like a good regency romance then I would definitely recommend these.
I’ve not done a whole lot of writing this week, as witnessed by the radio silence on the blog this week. Following on from the mention of the new instagram account, I decided to start listing my makeup looks on that account and on Wednesday evening I also decided to list them all on the blog – mainly for my records but also because they are some of my favourite posts to read.
I finished the Full Coverage podcast this week and swiftly moved onto the Emma Guns podcast. I’m currently listening to the Sali Hughes part one episode because I can’t get enough of Sali. Once I’ve finished Sali’s two episodes I will move on to Caroline Hirons and then go back to the beginning.
Relaxing. This week I have been doing a whole lot of relaxing and it feels amazing! I’ve also been doing a lot on social media; following on from a bit of blogging drama last friday night I have decided to just do my own thing and make my blog my own – hence why I have made a new instagram account and I’m starting to be more active on Pinterest – pinning anything that takes my fancy and making my own pins. Check me out at @elliewilsonblog
I met a friend for dinner on Tuesday evening for a catch-up and I had a really lovely time. We started off in Pizza Express for a pizza; I went for the La Reine without the black olives which was amazing and a Hugo St. Germain cocktail (prosecco over ice, with St Germain elderflower liqueur, lemon and mint) which was also really good! Then we moved to Wetherspoons to relax and carry on gossiping with a Kopparberg Mixed Fruit Cider and a slice of carrot cake to share!
This week I’ve been sitting down with my diary and Google Calendar to plan out the rest of 2017 and Lisa Jacob’s Your Best Year 2017 to get some motivation going before she releases her Your Best Year 2018 which I can’t wait to get my hands on. It releases on 17th October and I can’t wait to buy it on the day!
I’ve picked up a few products this week; the Neutrogena Hydro Boost® Gelée Milk Cleanser, Dirty Works Cucumber Eye Pads, work trousers and pyjamas. A right old mix of things but I can’t wait to try out the eye pads and see what they do.
This is a difficult one to answer this week – there is anything that I want right now but I’ve been planning ahead for my birthday and right at the top of my birthday list is a facial. I’ve never had one before and can’t wait to see what they are like.
After being disappointed with my first try of The Ordinary Serum Foundation this week I have been giving it another try and I am so glad that I did. I have honestly fallen in love with it because you can play down, or build up the coverage really easily. I have the shade 1.0N and it seems like a fantastic shade match, if a little pale.
PRODUCT OF THE WEEK
My product of the week this week would have to be Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pen/Pencil in Brownie Points (review coming soon). Spoiler alert: I don’t like the pencil side (at all) but I love the pen side and I find it makes drawing in individual hairs really easy rather than trying to fill in the entire brow. To see what I mean check out this photo.
GOALS FOR NEXT WEEK
Urgh this is definitely the hardest part of writing my weekly updates. Here are my goals for next week:
- Finish my declutter. I want to be utterly ruthless about this and get rid of as much stuff as I possibly can. This also includes body and hair care.
- Sit down and plan the rest of the year away. I’ve started doing this this week and it has helped me get my head sorted SO much. I need to start using my bullet journal too but having a pre-made planner is just what I need at the moment – there is just too much in my brain at the moment to try and be all creative too.
- Plan my 18 before 2018. I love reading Lisa Jacobs blog and I find her posts like this so motivating so I like to try and do something like this myself to really motivate myself to finish the year strong.
So that was my week, what has your week been like?
Thanks for reading,